White Dwarf free mini - work in progress

I picked up the new White Dwarf and found some time Saturday afternoon to get started on the free mini.  I haven't gone through the whole issue yet, but liked the idea of getting the guy painted up quickly by following the paint splatter article.  I really like those articles and hope that they revive the 'eavy metal master class ones some day.  The only thing I changed is that I did all the base colours and washes together rather than doing one full colour before moving onto the next like the article shows.  I prefer doing it this way because I can fix any mistakes with the next layer rather that going back and fixing something that was fully complete.

As far as the new white dwarf goes I'm hopeful that they can figure out what it takes to become something like the "golden age" ones.  There is promise with how GW is approaching videos and social media, so if it can become a true hobby magazine then I'll keep buying it.  Time will tell.

Here's some of my work in progress pictures.  Overall I like the paint scheme and will use this guy as a test for any further Khorne guys I do.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...